Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Roller-coaster of job hunting

Man, I forgot what a crazy roller-coaster ride looking for a job can be. The interview that Layth had yesterday that went so well didn't mature into anything else. We got home tonight and found an email from the recruiter saying they were going to pursue other candidates. Weird, actually. The Company Recruiter really liked Layth and told him she'd talk to the manager about an on-site interview and get back to him soon, so it must have been the hiring manager who decided not to pursue him. We know that Layth had the recommendation from the recruiter. So, that job is a dead end. I know that Layth was excited about the possibility and so that makes me sad that it stopped where it did. But, the Lord has something else in mind and I'm OK with that when all is said and done. (and so is he). Still, my stomach sank as I read the email and I have the icky feeling now. By tomorrow I'll be fine, but rejection is never fun.

An OK day. The normal really. Take Soren to school, come home and shower, clean house some, listen in on Layth's interview, debrief with Layth about his interview. Andrea called then and we talked for an hour. Definitely the highlight for me. Reading with Soren, quiet time that included reading and a quick nap. Then I got up and cleaned like crazy for two hours. Took the kids to AWANA and then Layth and i went out for dinner where we talked (well, I did most of the talking, I guess). Pick up kids, come home and put them to bed, watch Chuck and now blog.

Nothing more to really say today I guess. Replaying bits and pieces of the conversation I had with Andrea. Still debriefing it in my mind as I come to conclusions. Wish this move could just be clean and smooth and not so complicated. But it is what it is.

The journey continues...

--Betsy

No comments: