Sunday, January 09, 2011

Fighting Blues with productivity

Once again, I had the blues and had a choice to make: throw a pity-party or do something productive. I chose pity-party for about a 1/2 hour after I woke up from my nap. A 1/2 hour of misery was enough for me; so I chose productive. THAT was the right choice!

Went to church and took Tim and Lilly with us. Sure do love having them join us when they can.

I found our camera. It's been missing for months. So long in fact, that we bought a new one!

I totally cleaned out the hall closet. I wish I'd taken before and after pictures! It started out when we moved in as a some-storage-but-mostly-game closet and had become the "dumping" place for anything and everything that didn't have a place yet. It still acts as some storage, but it it clean, organized, and I now know what is in there. Plus, I found the camera! Waaaaay back in the corner. The boys must have had it in there b/c I've not been that far back into the corner of the closet since we moved in.

Am working on organizing and reformatting all my recipes. A project I've wanted to do now for 5-7 years, but haven't. Currently, my recipes are on scraps of paper, index cards, full sheets of paper and more! Now, they are slowly being entered one by one into a 1/2 sheet format that will be printed on card-stock, 3-hole punched and placed in a small binder that is categorized custom by me; the way I think. BEAUTIFUL!

Took an hour nap today. That was nice.

Read to the boys for 45 minutes. We've started the Narnia Chronicles and are about halfway through the first one - The Magician's Nephew. Soren is understanding it all. I'll stop and ask him questions occasionally about what has already taken place and he gets them right every time. I'll also ask him questions like "what do you think might happen if Digory rings the bell?" He anticipates well. His answer for this question: "I think maybe all those people sitting in the chairs are going to come alive." He is totally into the story.

Watched the "Never Ending Story" with the boys tonight. Haven't seen it since I was a kid. Has a whole lot more meaning now as an adult. Great stuff. I think I'll suggest it for our next "family movie night."

And, tried not to think of Salem today. It's been a hard weekend in regards to missing "home" and I'm not sure why. I shouldn't complain too much though. When I make the choice to not have a pity-party but do something productive a whole lot of great things happen! I find cameras, I get game closets organized, I do projects that I've wanted to do since before kids were born...

OK, I'll be honest. This weekend, I'd trade it all to be back in Salem!

Back to recipes. Gotta long ways to go. And, I'm not in Salem anymore.

--Betsy

No comments: