Sunday, January 02, 2011

Hat Island Stay

Layth's first request after losing his job was to go to Hat Island. Somehow, we managed to squeeze it in. I'm still not quite sure how we managed it, but we did. We went out on the Wednesday afternoon ferry and came back on Friday night.

It was, in one word: Relaxing. I took left-overs and so we just kind of helped ourselves when we were hungry, the boys had their new Leapster Explorer Game-machines which they loved, I had a nice thick book to read and there was no internet. I slept a lot, ate a little, played a lot of games and watched a couple of movies. I came home well-rested for sure.

Here are some snapshots from our few days there.

Keiton loves throwing rocks into the duck-pond at the TOP of the hill and found the "perfect rock" at the bottom of the hill. Here he is lugging it up to the top. It was hard work for him, but worth it when it broke through the ice of the frozen pond with a loud sound!


























It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL the three days we were there. More clear than any other time I've ever been there. Very cold, albeit, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the outdoors. Here are some pictures of the view on our way down to the beach.


















The view from the Harbor.





































And, a picture of our family down at the harbor. I was trying to balance the camera on a piece of driftwood for a timed photo when a lady who was loading her boat near the dock offered to take a picture of us. It was very nice of her.




















It was a squeezed in trip that was stressful to get too, but once we were there I did more relaxing than I do in a month's time at home! I am so thankful for our Island House Get-away.

No comments: