Sunday, January 12, 2014

10 things from this past week

I said I needed to blog more so here goes.  Granted, this may be the only one for another very, very long while but at least it's something.

I don't know where to begin, so I'll just start with 10 things that took place this past week.

1.  I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things following break.  For some reason "structure" seemed like a swear word to me after a wonderful, relaxing break.  I slept in, had a house full of company pretty much the entire time, hosted Christmas, played numerous board/card games with my boys, took advantage of said house company and went out with my husband for double date nights with friends and goal setting with just him, etc.  It was SO NICE!  Structure is good though.   Even tonight as I look ahead to a VERY busy week I am more mentally prepared and OK with the structured routine that will take place.  Perhaps it just took a week to remind me of all the wonderful things that take place in a "regular" week around here and how I missed many of them.

2.  Went to MomsNext this past week for the first time.  Was invited by a good friend and it meets at a church very near here.  It was nice to meet other moms who have kids in school in the same age group and I enjoyed the conversation we had.  It meets just twice a month on an afternoon that I - technically - have free and it is low maintenance so I think I'll return.

3.  Was invited by a different friend to an area wide Prayer Retreat on Saturday morning.  I really enjoyed that. I was convicted that I should probably incorporate more silence and solitude into my life as well as many other thoughts/revelations during the time which very well may work their way into blog posts at some point!  I also really enjoyed the conversation my friend and I had on the way to and from the event.  It was meaningful and "real" and nice for both of us I think, that we had time to debrief with each other a little about how God had worked in us over the 3 hours.  I am glad she reached out and look forward to getting to know her better.

4.  We decided to go to Disneyland in February since we were going to be down there anyways.  Then we decided not too, due to budget issues and the fact that we cannot afford a big Disneyland trip and an almost 2 week Yellowstone vacation already planned for this summer.  And then we decided again that we would!  But... we are going to be one of those crazy families that just goes for ONE DAY!  I've already begun my research on how to make the most of it if you have just one day at Disneyland.  When my husband first suggested just one day (saving us on tickets, food and 2-3 nights hotel) I balked a little at it but then realized that we hope to do a summer vacation every year and won't EVER have the money to do both.  So, one day it is and we'll be fine and the boys won't know any different and they can say their parents took them!  Oh, but we have not told the boys. I don't know when we will.  Probably not until we are into our trip.

5.  The Seahawks won!  Definitely noteworthy.  Especially considering how much adrenaline I used up watching it!

6.  I visited Cil and family twice this week.  SO GREAT to get my baby girl fix!!  Miss Mia is absolutely adorable and perfect and I can't wait until the next time I see her.  Oh, and it was great to see Cil and visit with her too, of course!

7.  I LOVE living in a neighborhood.  Especially ours!  So thankful to God for His placement of us right here. 

8. Signed up for the CBS Leadership Conference in Portland in March and I can hardly wait!!  Have a roommate for it and friends to carpool with.  I was wondering how all the details were going to come together, and they just fell into place on Tuesday at L.C.  So thankful to God for that.

9.  Soren passed the ITBS testing for EAP in both reading and math.  Stll two more steps including another Saturday test (CogAT) in February for him to be accepted into the program.  We have not received word one way or the other about Keiton.

10.  Church today was great.  It is growing and it looks like we are jumping in with both feet now that the holidays are over.  Starting in Children's ministry next month and meeting with the leaders to figure out our role with small groups.  Excited about it all!

And there you go, 10 things that happened this past week.  Not very "deep" I realize but I will just plan to ease my way back into the blog-world.

--Betsy

No comments: